- 1. Place the species of bird observed and the county(or city) in the Post title.
2. If known, credit the observer.
3. Include the date of the sighting in the post body.
4. If so desired, you may omit specific locations. In regard to nesting or sensitive species (such as Raptors)advise if they can be observed at a respectful distance.
5. If the sighting location is restricted(such as private or closed property), please indicate as such.
6. Be aware of the ABA ethical standards and practice ethical birdwatching.